Ballot Access Organizer (NY, NJ, RI, PA)
The Deval For All campaign is seeking Ballot Access Organizers who are passionate about sharing the campaign’s vision, works well in fast-paced environments, and can effectively communicate within our team and across departments.
As part of our team, you will be working closely with organizers, volunteers, and elected officials to support the political goals of the campaign. You will be responsible for collecting signatures in various states to ensure Governor Deval Patrick is on the ballot. We work to highlight the campaign’s message, elevate and amplify stories of everyday Americans, and provide support to our teams across the country.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and managing teams of volunteers to collect signatures to get Deval Patrick on the ballot
- Participation in daily voter contact events
- Identifying and developing volunteer leaders to organize signature drive events
- Representing the campaign at community events to achieve ballot access goals.
- Using digital tools to engage new volunteers and highlight our work on the ground
- Managing relationships with community leaders, allied organizations, political stakeholders, and local Democratic activists
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for building meaningful relationships in the communities we’re organizing
- Goals-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Willing to learn campaign technology including Google Sheets and Votebuilder
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle
- Previous campaign experience or experience working with volunteers is preferred but not required
- Be willing to dive in with a no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Work well under pressure and can maintain confidentiality in all that you do
To apply, email resume to [email protected] with the subject including your name and the job title.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Deval for All campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.